Its that time of year again… time to open up the trailer and do some spring cleaning so you can enjoy the summer. Although it is a very exciting time of year, it can be very easy to overlook some important details of opening your unit, or even know what to do. Therefore we have created a checklist to help guide you through the process. Below is a simple checklist to help:
- Walk around the trailer and do a visual inspection. Check for exterior damage such as fallen trees on the unit itself or broken windows from winter thieves.
- Check for any imbalances in the unit as a result of frost heave. Damage as a result of earth movement is not a covered loss on an insurance policy. If there are, ask a qualified contractor or park employees to come reset the unit.
- Check under sinks and around toilets to ensure there were no lines that burst as a result of winter freeze.
- Check the ceiling of each room for ice damming or snow load damage
- Turn on water lines and inspect to find any leaks and flush all toilets
- Install any screens that were removed to prevent bugs coming into unit once the summer heat arrives
- Check for any rodent damage-especially wiring. Rodents like the heat and are attracted to any exposes wires. If there are any holes in exterior shell of unit, make sure to patch it until properly fixed
- Check propane tank and primary/secondary lines
Lastly, Clean the entire interiors and enjoy the unit for another year!!
Brought to you by The RecProtect Team!