Trailer Insurance in Toronto
Your trailer can be your escape from the urban rush of Toronto by offering a quiet, relaxing outdoor retreat. Make unforgettable memories as you explore campgrounds in gorgeous scenic settings from Sauble Beach to Algonquin Provincial Park! With exceptional insurance coverage, you can hit the road with peace of mind, knowing that you are covered no matter what adventures are in store. RecProtect offers coverage for the unpredictable Canadian wilderness and rough terrains. Get comprehensive insurance protection for your trailer and enjoy a sense of true freedom in the great outdoors with more confidence and less stress!
Comprehensive Insurance Coverage
- Provides trailer coverage for theft of your trailer
- Protects your trailer against intentional vandalism
- Insurance coverage for damage caused by extreme weather events, such as hail, floods, or windstorms
- Coverage from non-collision incidents like falling objects
- Covers damages from collisions with other vehicles or trailers
- Includes insurance for damages resulting from collisions with obstacles or debris on the road
- Covers damage to the trailer’s contents if they are affected during a collision
- Provides coverage for collisions with stationary objects like walls, posts, barriers, etc.
- Coverage for injuries caused to others in an accident involving your trailer
- Coverage for property damage caused to others by your trailer
- Pays for medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages resulting from such incidents
Loss of Use Coverage
- Provides financial support for renting a temporary and substitute trailer
- Offers compensation for alternate transportation costs when the trailer is crucial for everyday tasks
- Reimburses extra expenses, such as lodging and dining, if the trailer serves as a travel or residential unit
Emergency Towing and Assistance
- Includes payment for emergency towing of your trailer
- Covers expenses for urgent services such as tire replacements, battery assistance, and locksmith support
- Provides roadside assistance for breakdowns and other urgent roadside situations
- Provides coverage for the medical costs brought on by physical injuries incurred while transporting the trailer
- Offers coverage for medical expenses that were not included in other health insurance plans
- Includes the cost of ambulance transportation following an incident involving the trailer
Personal Effects/Equipment Coverage
- Insures your personal belongings contained within your trailer
- Coverage for camping equipment, electronics, and other personal items stored in the trailer
- Offers a maximum coverage limit of $500 per item, or an amount aligned with the policy’s specified limit
- Provides for the cost associated with removing the trailer following an accident or breakdown
- Includes potential coverage for repairs after the trailer has been salvaged
- Potential coverage for cleanup and restoration if needed due to damage
Depending on the trailer, the average cost of trailer insurance in Toronto is about $350 to $500 per year. This price can vary based on different factors such as the trailer type, the value of the trailer, its intended use, and the insurance coverage options you choose.
Yes, our trailer insurance generally covers your content in your trailer related to its use and operation such as built-in accessories, furnishings, and permanently attached equipment. However, items that are business-related, certain electronics, jewelry, and collectibles, will not be covered. For a full list of content that is covered you can contact one of our insurance representatives.
When it comes to the cost of your trailer and its contents, travel trailer insurance is relatively affordable, especially when compared to the potential costs of damage or loss. Factors like the value of the trailer, its size, and type of coverage can affect the cost, but on average the monthly premiums are around $35.
As long as your RV is not motorized, you don’t need to have insurance for your trailer in Toronto or across Ontario. Having trailer insurance is for your protection, as it covers you for liability, damages, and potential losses. While not legally required, we highly recommended trailer owner get insurance for financial security.
Yes, our trailer insurance policy will cover your golf cart when it is used at your trailer park. Under our “Special Limit of Insurance” section of our trailer insurance policy, golf carts can be insured up to $5,000.